Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1: Choosing my Storybook Favorites

The First Story that Grabbed my Attention was Trapped in a Closet: Again and Again. Just the title alone instantly grabbed my attention because It brought up memories from the music video series made up by singer R. Kelly. I had to just see what the storybook would be about no matter what. The title just completely caught my attention as I wondered how he could relate a story to these music videos.

The Introduction was great! She describes the story of Trapped in the Closet. Basically, the story is broken up into 30 chapters or music videos and it about a man who is witnessing many different relationship problems while hiding in a closet. She then explains how she would use different stories to match the setting and effect of the music videos by R.Kelly. I think this storybook is well done and one of my favorites by far!

The next fascinating storybook I found was Greek Gods Galore. Well first off, my favorite topic to read about is Greek Mythology so it was just natural that I gravitated toward this storybook. It actually has some elements within the storybook that I would even like to do on my own. Gods and Goddess are so interesting to me that I could make up stories and write about them forever. In this storybook the Author decides to take different stories within Greek Mythology and turn then into a college setting. He has the setting on a college campus on Mt. Olympus. Also, all the Gods and Goddesses are part of fraternities and sororities. This makes it easy to relate stories to people especially within a community like this one at The University of Oklahoma.

Last but not least the storybook I picked and a top favorite was Odysseus Goes Shopping. Who doesn't find this storybook cool? This storybook takes the legendary story of the Odyssey and put a twist on it. In her introduction she explains how she will take the many different trials Odysseus faced and turn then into a grocery list that he makes. He needs to go find each thing which is similar to the old story. It's nice way to tell a story and funny! I really like the design of this storybook as well as the pictures to go along with each story.

No comments:

Post a Comment